Make your own cheese snacks at home in minutes!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 ounces Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Ice water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Pulse everything (except Water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in Water 2 tablespoons at a time. You may need to add a little more if the dough looks dry.
- Remove the dough from the processor, form into a disk, flatten slightly, and wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll the chilled dough out on a lightly floured work surface. You may want to work with half of the dough at a time. Roll to a very thin (about 1/4" inch) rectangle then cut in to 1" by 1" squares. Crimp the edges with a fork and using a skewer, dock a hole in the center.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or silpat. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken