Clinton makes a take out dish at home!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 (6-inch) hoagie rolls
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dill pickle slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauté pan, add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until almost translucent, about 4 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, breaking meat up with the back of a spoon. Drain any liquid.
- In a small bowl, add the relish, ketchup and mustard and mix to combine.
- Cut the bread in half, so there are 2 pieces. Using a serrated knife and spoon, hollow out the center of the bread.
- Line the cavity with sliced cheese. Divide beef mixture evenly between hoagies. Spoon the relish mixture on top of the meat. Place pickles on top of sauce. Wrap the rolls in foil and place in the oven to warm through, until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
- Tip: make your own filling with chopped vegetables, sausage or chicken!
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat