Michael whips up a delicious twist on a classic favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices American cheese (cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon scallions (thinly sliced on a bias, to garnish)
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Set aside.
- In a small nonstick omelet pan over medium-high heat, add the butter. Once the foam has subsided, slowly add the egg mixture to the pan. Swirl the pan gently, if necessary, to spread the eggs evenly in the pan. Once they have set, about 30 seconds, use a spatula to gently lift the edges to allow the remaining egg liquid to flow underneath to cook. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Once the eggs have set but the top is till slightly runny, add the cheese in the middle of the pan. Top the cheese with the ground beef mixture. Fold one edge of the eggs over, about a third of the way.
- Slide the omelet out of the pan, unflipped side first. Fold the rest over as you plate, so that it sits on the plate with the seam-side down.
- In a small bowl, add the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, pickle relish and stir to combine. Spoon the sauce down the center of the top of the omelet and garnish with scallions to finish.
- Tip: Use a rubber spatula to ensure that the omelet cooks evenly and the sides are loose for a perfect omelet roll every time!
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits