Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip Recipe: Whip up this perfect dip for your next party platter!
Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion; finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dip mix
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese; shredded - preferably Gruyere – divided
- 10 ounces Frozen Spinach; thawed and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 6 Pitas; cut into wedges
- Crudité; to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Over medium heat, melt Butter with Olive Oil in a sauce pot. Add Onions, season with Salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft and pale golden. Sprinkle in the Flour and stir until a dry paste forms.
- Slowly whisk in Milk, trying to avoid lumps. Stir in the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dip mix and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in the Cream Cheese and half of the Swiss Cheese until melted. Add the Spinach and remove from heat.
- Divide mixture between two small oven safe baking dishes. (This can be prepared a few days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer)
- Place the baking dishes on a rimmed sheet pan and top with the remaining Swiss Cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- Meanwhile, bake the wedges of Pita for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve warm dip with Pita Chips and crudité.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads Other Side Dishes