Make your own restaurant quality cheese stuffed mushrooms at home!
Cheesy Harissa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Chopped Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Harissa Spice Mix (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 pounds Cremini Mushrooms (cleaned; stems removed)
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
Harissa Spice Mix
- 4 teaspoons Cumin Seed (toasted)
- 4 teaspoons Coriander Seed (toasted)
- 8 tablespoons Dried Chile Flake
- 4 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoons Caraway Seeds (toasted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven 350°F. Place a wire rack inside a baking sheet.
- Place the Mushrooms, stem side down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes to allow Mushrooms to release excess moisture. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While the Mushrooms are baking, blend together the Roasted Peppers and Harissa spice mix to form a paste. Stir in the Cream Cheese until evenly distributed. Transfer the mix to a piping bag or zip top bag.
- Flip the Mushrooms over to reveal the cavity. Fill the Mushrooms with Cream Cheese mixture.
- Stir together the Panko, Parsley & some Olive Oil; just to lightly coat. Sprinkle the mixture over the filled Mushrooms.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until Panko is golden.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- For the Harissa Spice Mix: Combine Cumin, Coriander and Caraway Seeds in a small skillet on medium heat. Toast 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool. Combine with remaining ingredients and grind in a spice grinder. Store in an airtight container.