Cheesy Potato Soup
Baked Potato Soup
- step-by-step directions
Cheesy Potato Soup
- 1/2 pound Thick Sliced Bacon; sliced into lardons - 1 1/2 cups
- 1 large Yellow Onion; small diced - 2 cups
- 3 Cloves Garlic; minced
- 5 tablespoons Flour
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 5 cups Whole Milk
- 4 large Russet Potatoes; peeled and large diced - 5 cups
- 6 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese; 2 – 8 ounce blocks
- 1 1/4 cups Sour Cream
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Scallions
- Reserved Crispy Bacon
- Your Favorite Hot Sauce
- Place a large pot over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the Bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally until crispy, 6-8 minutes. Remove the Bacon to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the rendered Bacon Fat, add the Onion and Garlic and cook until the Onion softens, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the Flour and cook for 30 seconds then whisk in the Chicken Stock and Milk. Season with 2 teaspoons of Salt and a good amount of Freshly Cracked Pepper. Add Potatoes and bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until Potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup then add the Monterey Jack Cheese and continue to purée until the Cheese is incorporated. Next blend in the Sour Cream and give it a taste to make sure the seasoning is right.
- Ladle the soup in to bowls and garnish with the reserved Bacon, some Shredded Cheddar, Scallions and your favorite Hot Sauce.
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad