Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread
This Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread is sweet and delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough (biscuits cut into quarters)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup fresh cherries (divided, pits removed and chopped)
- 1 Cup fresh cherries (pits removed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon brandy or bourbon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a gallon-sized zip top bag.
- Add the biscuit dough to the zip top bag and toss to coat all of the pieces.
- In the bottom of a bundt pan, add 1/3 of the pecans to the bottom of the pan. Add half of the biscuits to the bundt pan, then half of butter and cherries. Repeat the layering a second time, topping the biscuits with the remaining pecans, butter and cherries.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until the top is brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add the cherries, honey, vanilla bean paste, brandy, water and cornstarch and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer until the cherries have broken down and the mixture has thickened to a syrup, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Top bread with the glaze and enjoy!
- Tip: Make the cherry glaze in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Similar categories: Desserts Bread & Pastry Appetizers Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions