Plain chicken salad can be such a bore. Curry it up and make a melt out of it for a spectacular addition to your next BBQ!
Chicken Curry Salad Melt
- 2 cups Pulled Rotisserie Chicken (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup Diced Granny Smith Apple
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 2 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 8 Whole Grain Bread
- 8 slices Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Butter (for toasted)
- Toss together the Chicken, Carrots, Apple, Raisins, and Scallions in a bowl. Add the Mayonnaise and stir to combine. Sprinkle in the Curry and season with Salt and Pepper. Stir to distribute spices evenly. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Butter each piece of Bread on one side. Toast on a grill or griddle until golden brown.
- Place Chicken salad on half of the slices, buttered side down. Top each with two slices of Cheese and top with remaining toasted Bread, buttered side up. Place on the grill and cook until Cheese has melted slightly.
- Serve warm.