These spicy thighs are all dressed up with a full-on dose of heat.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 4- ounce Boneless Skin-On Chicken Thighs (pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness)
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced into rings)
- 1 14- ounce can San Marazano Tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Capers (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Roughly chopped fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley leaves
- Season the chicken with salt the night before, if desired.
- Put a Dutch oven or deep cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the preheated pan. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken skin-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pan, scraping with a wooden spoon to get up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, another minute. Add the tomatoes with juices and capers, cover the pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
1. The chicken should be dry so it doesn't pop in the oil.
2. Use a cast iron skillet for this recipe because it retains the heat throughout the pan.
3. Add some of the parsley while cooking and let it stew. Then, at the last second, add the raw parsley for a full spectrum of flavor.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Spicy Chicken Dishes Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Cuisine Mexican
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw