Michael Symon's Chicken Kiev
Delicious and simple -- a great combination!
- step-by-step directions
Michael Symon's Chicken Kiev
- For the Chicken Kiev:
1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 Sticks)
1 tablespoon Fresh Dill (Chopped)
2 tablespoon Parsley (Chopped)
1 tablespoon Chive (Thinly Sliced)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
6 6-ounce Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast
- For the chicken kiev: To make the herb butter, combine the softened butter with the herbs (dill, parsley and chive) and season with salt and pepper. Scoop it into a line on a piece of plastic wrap. Roll it up, creating a log, and refrigerate for a few hours until firm or freeze it. After the butter has hardened, slice it into 12 pieces and set aside, keeping it chilled.
- To prepare the chicken, cover your entire cutting board with plastic wrap. Lay out all of the chicken, leaving some space in between, and place another piece of plastic wrap on top. Pound the chicken out to ¼’ thickness. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, and then season all of the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Next, place 2 slices of the herb butter in the center of each breast. Before you begin rolling the chicken, have a piece of plastic wrap next you, ready to go. Roll each breast up, tucking the sides in, and then place it on the plastic wrap, rolling it up really tightly. After all of the chicken breasts are rolled and individually wrapped tightly, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. While the pan heats up, whisk your eggs together with the Dijon. In a separate bowl, add your flour, seasoning it with salt and pepper. In another bowl, add your breadcrumbs.
- Unwrap all of the chicken and season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Begin breading the chicken by coating it in the flour, shaking off any excess. Next place it on the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off. Finally, place it in the breadcrumbs, coating it on all sides. Place the chicken on a plate while you bread the rest.
- Add about ¼ c of the olive oil to the preheated pan. Add all of the chicken to the pan and begin browning it on all sides. This will take about 12 minutes. Add more oil to the pan if it looks a bit dry. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and finish cooking it in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top, slice and serve with your favorite accompaniments.
- To make cucumber salad: In a small bowl whisk red wine vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and add to the dressing. Top with chopped dill and toss.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal