The apple salad is the perfect finish to this breaded and fried piece of chicken.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Cups Coarse Bread Crumbs
- 4 Chicken Thighs; pounded to a 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Lemons; zest and juice
- 1 Granny Smith Apple; cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups Arugula
- Put the Flour in a shallow bowl and season well with Salt and Pepper. Put the Eggs in another shallow bowl and beat them lightly. Add the Bread Crumbs to a third shallow bowl and season well with Salt and Pepper.
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of Chicken Thighs with Salt and Pepper. Working with one piece of meat at a time, dredge the Chicken in the Flour, making sure to coast both sides well. Shake off the excess. Dip the Chicken into the beaten Eggs, allowing the excess to drip off. Finally, lay the Chicken in the Bread Crumbs, turning and pressing to fully coat both sides.
- Add the Olive Oil to the preheated pan. Arrange all 4 pieces of Chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until light golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the Mustard, Olive Oil, and Lemon Zest and Juice. Season the Vinaigrette with Salt and Pepper. Add the Apples and Arugula and toss to combine.
- Put the Chicken on plates, top with the Apple Salad, and serve.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw