The apple salad is the perfect finish to this breaded and fried piece of chicken.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Cups Coarse Bread Crumbs
- 4 Chicken Thighs; pounded to a 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Lemons; zest and juice
- 1 Granny Smith Apple; cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups Arugula
- Put the Flour in a shallow bowl and season well with Salt and Pepper. Put the Eggs in another shallow bowl and beat them lightly. Add the Bread Crumbs to a third shallow bowl and season well with Salt and Pepper.
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of Chicken Thighs with Salt and Pepper. Working with one piece of meat at a time, dredge the Chicken in the Flour, making sure to coast both sides well. Shake off the excess. Dip the Chicken into the beaten Eggs, allowing the excess to drip off. Finally, lay the Chicken in the Bread Crumbs, turning and pressing to fully coat both sides.
- Add the Olive Oil to the preheated pan. Arrange all 4 pieces of Chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until light golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the Mustard, Olive Oil, and Lemon Zest and Juice. Season the Vinaigrette with Salt and Pepper. Add the Apples and Arugula and toss to combine.
- Put the Chicken on plates, top with the Apple Salad, and serve.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber
Rustic Ham, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart