Full of ground beef, beans, and Cheddar cheese, this hearty dip is a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 14- ounce can Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 14- ounce cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 cups grated Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large skillet heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Break up with a wooden spoon and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and cumin. Adjust seasoning to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until half of the tomato liquid has evaporated.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the grated cheese. Place under the preheated broiler and cook just until the cheese has melted and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Top with a layer of sour cream and salsa. Serve with thick tortilla chips.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks