Chili Cheese Fries
Forget chips and dip, these chili cheese fries are twice as delicious and easier to make!
- step-by-step directions
Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 16- ounce bag frozen gluten-free wedge-cut potato fries
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red or green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free ground cumin
- 1 15- ounce can kidney beans (drained and well rinsed)
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the frozen fries between 2 baking sheets, and bake them for 20-25 mins or according to the package instructions.
- While the fries are baking, place the beef broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the olive oil. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the pepper softens, 3-4 mins. Add the beef and cook for 1-2 mins without stirring so it can brown. Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin over the beef. Continue to cook for 1 minute more, breaking up the beef with the back of a spoon. Add the beans and the cornstarch mixture, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the mixture is thick.
- When the fries are crisp, transfer them to an 8x12 inch casserole. Spoon the chili over the fries and sprinkle with the cheese. Transfer the casserole to the oven and bake for 5-10 mins, until the cheese is bubbling and the chili is hot. Serve immediately.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Other Side Dishes
rate this recipe
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch