Chili con Carla
It's cold outside, so warm up with this heart soup!
- step-by-step directions
Chili con Carla
- 6 Large Dried Ancho Chiles
- 1 1/4 pound Onions (chopped)
- 1 5- pound flat-cut Beef Brisket (cut into 2 1/2- to 3-inch cubes)
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- 6 large Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Fire roasted diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 12 ounce Bottle Mexican Beer
- 1 7- ounce can Roasted Green Chiles (diced)
- 4 ounce Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- Sliced Red Onion
- Avocado (diced)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- Sour cream
- Place chiles in medium bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover and soak the chiles for about 4 hours, or until they are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large, ovenproof dutch oven over medium-high heat add the onion and cook until translucent. Season the brisket liberally with salt and pepper. Add this to the pot and toss to coat with fat.
- Drain the chiles, pour 1 cup of the soaking liquid along with the chiles into a blender along with the garlic, cumin seeds, coriander and salt. Blend until pureed, then add to chili along with tomatoes, beer, green chiles chili powder, and chocolate.
- Stir and bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Cook for two hours, and then remove lid and continue to cook 45 minutes - until brisket is almost tender, skimming the fat from the surface and adding water if necessary to keep brisket submerged. Cook an additional 45 minutes, until meat is tender.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with desired garnishes.
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie