Chili con Carla
It's cold outside, so warm up with this heart soup!
- step-by-step directions
Chili con Carla
- 6 Large Dried Ancho Chiles
- 1 1/4 pound Onions (chopped)
- 1 5- pound flat-cut Beef Brisket (cut into 2 1/2- to 3-inch cubes)
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- 6 large Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Fire roasted diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 12 ounce Bottle Mexican Beer
- 1 7- ounce can Roasted Green Chiles (diced)
- 4 ounce Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- Sliced Red Onion
- Avocado (diced)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- Sour cream
- Place chiles in medium bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover and soak the chiles for about 4 hours, or until they are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large, ovenproof dutch oven over medium-high heat add the onion and cook until translucent. Season the brisket liberally with salt and pepper. Add this to the pot and toss to coat with fat.
- Drain the chiles, pour 1 cup of the soaking liquid along with the chiles into a blender along with the garlic, cumin seeds, coriander and salt. Blend until pureed, then add to chili along with tomatoes, beer, green chiles chili powder, and chocolate.
- Stir and bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Cook for two hours, and then remove lid and continue to cook 45 minutes - until brisket is almost tender, skimming the fat from the surface and adding water if necessary to keep brisket submerged. Cook an additional 45 minutes, until meat is tender.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with desired garnishes.
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake
Cornflake French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Cinnamon Pecan Waffles
Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach and Spicy Lemon Oil
Corn Fritters with Scallions