Chili con Carla
It's cold outside, so warm up with this heart soup!
- step-by-step directions
Chili con Carla
- 6 Large Dried Ancho Chiles
- 1 1/4 pound Onions (chopped)
- 1 5- pound flat-cut Beef Brisket (cut into 2 1/2- to 3-inch cubes)
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- 6 large Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Fire roasted diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 12 ounce Bottle Mexican Beer
- 1 7- ounce can Roasted Green Chiles (diced)
- 4 ounce Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- Sliced Red Onion
- Avocado (diced)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- Sour cream
- Place chiles in medium bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover and soak the chiles for about 4 hours, or until they are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large, ovenproof dutch oven over medium-high heat add the onion and cook until translucent. Season the brisket liberally with salt and pepper. Add this to the pot and toss to coat with fat.
- Drain the chiles, pour 1 cup of the soaking liquid along with the chiles into a blender along with the garlic, cumin seeds, coriander and salt. Blend until pureed, then add to chili along with tomatoes, beer, green chiles chili powder, and chocolate.
- Stir and bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Cook for two hours, and then remove lid and continue to cook 45 minutes - until brisket is almost tender, skimming the fat from the surface and adding water if necessary to keep brisket submerged. Cook an additional 45 minutes, until meat is tender.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with desired garnishes.
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt
Patty Melt with Sauerkraut
The World's Best Baked Ziti
Grilled Mortadella and Goat Cheese Packets