You've never tasted a hot dog quite like this one. Topped with chili, bacon, and cheese, this dog is the ultimate ball-park snack.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Chili:
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Onion (medium chop)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Chilis in Adobo
- 7 ounces Canned Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 ounces Canned Green Chilis
- 1 cup Dark Mexican Beer
- 3 cups Beef Broth (plus more if needed)
- 1 sprig fresh Oregano
- For the Hot Dogs:
- 10 of your favorite Extra-Long Hot Dogs in natural casing
- 10 Potato Hot Dogs Buns
- For the Condiments:
- Melted Cheese
- Diced Onions
- Chopped Tomatoes
- For the Chili: In a large dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high. Add the meat to the pan and seaon with salt and pepper. Work in batches so as not to overcrowd and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes just until translucent and fragrant. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika and chilies in adobo. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilies. Add the beer and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the meat back to the pot and stir to combine. Add the beef broth and oregano and bring the mixture up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, making sure the mixture does not dry out. Add more beef broth to keep hydrated, if needed. Chili should be thick and rich while remaining moist.
- For the Hot Dogs: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the hotdogs in the water and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes just to heat the dog. Remove from the water and place in the hot dog bun. Add a generous scoop of chili.
- For the Condiments: Serve with melted cheese, diced onions, chopped tomatoes, bacon and mustard.
Whole Wheat Penne with Summer Squash and Arugula
Muffaletta with Olive Relish
Udon Bowl with Peanut Sauce and Grilled Chicken
Baked Eggs over Heirloom Tomatoes and Mixed Greens
Fresh Rigatoni with Zucchini and Corn
Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Scones with Lemon Glaze
Pizza Dough Everything Bagels
Quick Everything Bagels
Broccoli Crust Pizza