This nutritious summer dish is simple and tasty. Make it for your family tonight.
Chili Salmon with Mango Cucumber Salsa
- For the Salmon:
- 4 Skin-On Salmon Filets
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- For the Mango Cucumber Salsa:
- 2 cups Mango (cubed)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 2 Avocados (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- Juice and zest of 2 Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- For the Mango Cucumber Salsa: Toss ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed. Set aside.
- For the Salmon: Preheat a grillpan to medium-high, and season lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chili powder over each of the salmon filets. Season with salt and pepper, and place, skin-side down. After 2 to 3 minutes, flip, and continue to cook on other side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 130F.
- Divide the rice among 4 plates and top with a salmon filet, garnished with salsa.