Chimichurri Grilled Wings
These wings are the perfect appetizer for the summer season!
- step-by-step directions
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 jalapenos (seeded, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken wings (whole wings)
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing
- 1/2 cup chimichurri (recipe above)
- 2 lemons (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- hot sauce (to serve)
- For the Chimichurri Marinade: Into the carafe of a blender, add the garlic, jalapenos, parsley, cilantro, oregano, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Separate the sauce into 2 bowls, one for marinade and one for dipping sauce.
- Add the chicken wings to a zip top bag. Add half of the chimichurri sauce and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. While the grill is heating, remove the wings from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Remove the wings to a bowl and toss with hot paprika, salt and pepper. Place the wings on the grill, turning every 3-4 minutes for about 20 minutes, until the wings are cooked through. Remove from grill and serve with the dipping sauce.
- For the Dipping Sauce: In a medium bowl, add the Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing and ½ cup of chimichurri. Set aside for dipping!
- To Serve: Place the halved lemons on the grill about 5 minutes before serving. Platter the wings and lemon and garnish with additional fresh parsley and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce.
- Tip: Marinate the wings overnight for easy prep. Grill the wings in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven before serving.
Similar categories: Chicken Wings
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal