Chimichurri Grilled Wings
These wings are the perfect appetizer for the summer season!
- step-by-step directions
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 jalapenos (seeded, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken wings (whole wings)
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing
- 1/2 cup chimichurri (recipe above)
- 2 lemons (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- hot sauce (to serve)
- For the Chimichurri Marinade: Into the carafe of a blender, add the garlic, jalapenos, parsley, cilantro, oregano, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Separate the sauce into 2 bowls, one for marinade and one for dipping sauce.
- Add the chicken wings to a zip top bag. Add half of the chimichurri sauce and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. While the grill is heating, remove the wings from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Remove the wings to a bowl and toss with hot paprika, salt and pepper. Place the wings on the grill, turning every 3-4 minutes for about 20 minutes, until the wings are cooked through. Remove from grill and serve with the dipping sauce.
- For the Dipping Sauce: In a medium bowl, add the Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing and ½ cup of chimichurri. Set aside for dipping!
- To Serve: Place the halved lemons on the grill about 5 minutes before serving. Platter the wings and lemon and garnish with additional fresh parsley and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce.
- Tip: Marinate the wings overnight for easy prep. Grill the wings in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven before serving.
Similar categories: Chicken Wings
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Shoestring Fries with Garlic and Rosemary
Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
Latin Turkey Burger with Raclette Cheese
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Bacon & Blue Cheese
Cracklin' Mozzarella Sticks with Tomato Basil Salad