Chipotle Turkey Chili
This spicy stew is lightened-up thanks to lean turkey over the use of ground beef.
- step-by-step directions
Chipotle Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 4 Garlic gloves (minced)
- 2 pounds Turkey (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 12 ounces Beer
- 14 ounces diced Tomatoes
- 3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (minced)
- 14 ounces Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 14 ounces Pinto Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 14 ounces Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup Masa Harina (corn flour)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Sour Cream (for serving)
- grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (for serving)
- chopped Cilantro (for serving)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the onion and garlic. Stir them around and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes, until they start to soften. Throw the turkey into the pot. Stir the turkey around and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Pour in all but 1/4 cup of the beer. Then add the tomatoes, minced chipotle and all the beans. Stir to combine, then add the chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it simmer for a good 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the sauce is slightly thicker and the flavors have had a chance to combine.
- After that time, combine the masa harina with the remaining beer. Whisk it with a fork until it's smooth, then pour it into the chili. This will thicken it up a little more. Squeeze in the lime juice, then stir it around and let the chili simmer for another 10 minutes or so, until it's thick and luscious.
- Season to taste. Serve it up with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkling of Cheddar and cilantro.
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites Two Ways
Georgian Cheese Bread
Pork and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Skillet
Mexican Lentil Soup with Skillet Cornbread
Chocolate Hazelnut Rolls
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Chicken and Herby Dumplings
Sweet Potato Chili Casserole
Apple Pie Cups