Flaky pie crust is filled with decadent chocolate and drizzled in a refreshing strawberry port sauce.
- For the Cobbler:
- Butter for greasing
- 12 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg plus 1 tablespoon of Water (whisked)
- 8 Chocolate Truffles
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- 1 Carla Hall's Perfect Pie Crust
- For the Strawberry Port Sauce:
- 1 cup Port Brandy
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 Strawberries (hulled and cut in half lengthwise)
- For the Cobbler: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 6 count muffin tin with butter. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in slightly cooled, melted chocolate. Add in vanilla, stir flour and salt, mix until just combined. Cool mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pie dough to 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 4" squares of pie dough. Line regular size muffin tin with dough squares. Divide the chilled chocolate mixture between the dough-lined muffin tins. Push a truffle in the center of each cobbler. Pinch dough square tops together and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Carefully remove from the muffin tin. Plate with a drizzle of sauce and a scoop of ice cream.
- For the Strawberry Port Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine the sugar and port. Bring to a bowl and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until port has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the strawberries and continue to cook over a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes, swirling the pan often, until the strawberries are soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a strainer over a bowl. Press the mixture through mashing up the strawberries. Allow to cool before serving.