Chocolate Lava Cake
You've probably tried this at a restaurant before and thought, "I could never make that." Now you can with Carla's simple recipe.
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 12 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 Chocolate truffles (desired flavor)
- 1/4 Peanut Butter (optional for chocolate peanut butter truffle)
- Butter (for ramekins)
- Flour (for ramekins)
- Cocoa powder (for ramekins)
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Let chocolate mixture cool. (Alternatively, chocolate and butter may be melted in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat and burn it.)
- In a mixer, with the balloon whip attachment, whisk eggs and sugar until thickened and lemon-colored and then add in vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Blend in half the chocolate mixture on low speed. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Stir peanut butter into remaining chocolate mixture. Transfer to a bowl and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare ramekins by greasing with butter and dusting of flour mixed with some cocoa powder.
- Scoop batter into prepared ramekins and push truffle or a tablespoon of the peanut chocolate mixture into center of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are cooked and the middle is just set. Garnish with sprinkle of powdered sugar. Variation: For Espresso flavor, add 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder to chocolate-butter mixture as it melts.
rate this recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese