Chocolate Lava Pie
Don't miss out on diving into the caldera of Carla's ooey gooey decadent dessert!
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Lava Pie
- 1 disc of Perfect Pie Crust
- 12 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (pecans & walnuts; toasted)
- Salted Caramel Sauce (to drizzle)
- Preheated oven 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8" thickness. Place inside a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans or weights. Blind bake for 8 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and beans and bake for 4 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt Chocolate and Butter over low heat. Let Chocolate mixture cool. (Alternatively, Chocolate and Butter may be melted in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat and burn it.)
- Using a mixer, whisk Eggs and Sugar until thickened and lemon-colored; blend in Vanilla. Sift Flour and Salt together and fold in; blend in the Chocolate mixture on low speed until thoroughly blended. Fold in the Chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the pie crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly dry on top and slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with toasted nuts and a drizzle of Salted Caramel sauce to serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber