Chocolate Lava Pie
Don't miss out on diving into the caldera of Carla's ooey gooey decadent dessert!
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Lava Pie
- 1 disc of Perfect Pie Crust
- 12 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (pecans & walnuts; toasted)
- Salted Caramel Sauce (to drizzle)
- Preheated oven 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8" thickness. Place inside a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans or weights. Blind bake for 8 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and beans and bake for 4 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt Chocolate and Butter over low heat. Let Chocolate mixture cool. (Alternatively, Chocolate and Butter may be melted in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat and burn it.)
- Using a mixer, whisk Eggs and Sugar until thickened and lemon-colored; blend in Vanilla. Sift Flour and Salt together and fold in; blend in the Chocolate mixture on low speed until thoroughly blended. Fold in the Chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the pie crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly dry on top and slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with toasted nuts and a drizzle of Salted Caramel sauce to serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami