Spoon up this velvety dessert into a pie crust for an all-new way to enjoy mousse!
Chocolate Mousse Cake Pie
- 3 1/2 cups Oreos
- 5 tablespoons Melted Butter
- Chocolate Mousse
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounces Coffee
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Rum
- 1 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Flavorless Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 6 ounces Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Coffee
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Sugar
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Break up the Oreos into small pieces using a food processor or a zip top bag and mallet.
- Add the two ingredients together combine together using a fork mold the crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- For Flourless Chocolate Cake:
- Raise oven temperature to 350°F.
- Over a double boiler melt Chocolate Chips with Butter till melted. Take off heat, add Coffee, Vanilla, and Salt. In a separate bowl add 6 Egg Yolks with one cup of Sugar, and mix up until combined.
- Add the cooled off Chocolate mixture to Egg Yolks. Froth up Egg Whites to soft peaks. Then, fold the Whites into the Chocolate mixture.
- Transfer cake mixture into crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let it cool completely, and the cake mixture will fall, making space for the Mousse to sit on top.
- For Chocolate Mousse:
- Make a double boiler with a boil over a pot of simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch the water.) Melt the Chocolate Chips, Coffee, Butter, Rum together.
- Pour the Whipping Cream into the bowl of a stand mixer, and place both in the fridge to chill.
- In a separate bowl, add Gelatin and cover with 1/4 cup of the chilled Whipping Cream. Place this bowl over indirect heat, just enough to melt the Gelatin.
- Let Gelatin cool off.
- Add the Gelatin mixture to Chocolate, and fold in. Beat the remaining cold Whipping Cream to medium peaks. Fold the Whipped Cream into the Chocolate.
- For Assembly:
- Place Mousse mixture on top of cooled flourless cake. (Feel free using your hand to push down the cake to make room for mouse to sit.)
- Garnish with colorful Chocolate shavings, Whipped Cream or anything that works for your party.
Similar categories: Desserts