No meal is complete without a little something sweet. Try whipping up this chocolate mousse for your family tonight!
- step-by-step directions
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- cinnamon cocoa wafers (to garnish)
- toasted coconut (to garnish)
- bittersweet chocolate (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- olive oil spray
- Heat the coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely and is fully combined with the coconut milk.
- While the chocolate is melting, fill a large mixing bowl a third of the way with ice and add a little water to create an ice bath. Place the bowl with the melted chocolate mixture inside the ice bath.
- Begin to whisk the chocolate mixture. Continue to vigorously whisk and incorporate air into the mixture until the chocolate has thickened and formed a mousse-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Serve mousse in bowls, topped with a cinnamon-cocoa wafers, toasted coconut and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
- For the Cinnamon-Cocoa Wafers: preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Spray a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil spray and sprinkle some cinnamon-cocoa sugar evenly on top.
- Place another sheet of phyllo dough directly on top and spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with more cinnamon-cocoa sugar.
- Repeat the process with the last sheet of phyllo, ending with the cinnamon-cocoa sugar.
- Cut the stacked phyllo into 2 inch squares. Cut each square in half diagonally and place the triangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top, followed by another baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container or ziptop bag.
-Substitute coconut milk with water.
-For a fully vegan desert, use bittersweet, vegan chocolate chips.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Custards, Puddings, & Mousses Holidays & Occasions Easter Valentine's Day Christmas Mother's Day
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs