The classic chocolate peanut butter pie is served up in pop form so you can enjoy your dessert without dirtying any dishes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Pops
- Chocolate Pie Dough
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Iodized Salt
- 1/2 pound Unsalted Butter; cut into 1/2 inch pats & chilled
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate; melted
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Melted Chocolate; to drizzle - optional)
- Chopped Peanuts; to garnish - optional
- Whipped Cream; to garnish
In a food processor, pulse together the Flour, Cocoa, Sugar & Salt until well blended. Add the Butter and pulse until Butter is pea-sized. Whisk together the Egg and Cream with a fork. Add the egg-cream mixture and pulse until a ball starts to form.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Divided into discs and wrap in plastic. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes or freeze for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Using a 2 1/2" round cutter, cut out 24 circles of dough. Gently press the dough circles into a mini-muffin tray. Chill the dough-lined trays until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Melted Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Vanilla until well-blended. In another bowl, whisk together the Eggs, Sugar and Salt until pale. Stir into the Peanut Butter mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the dough-lined cups about 2/3 way full. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until dough is cooked and filling is puffed. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Turn out onto a cool rack and use push a lollipop stick into the side of each pie.
- Drizzle or dip into Chocolate and top with Chopped Peanuts and Whipped Cream to garnish.