Carla shows you how to make a dynamite dessert that's perfect to share with all of your friends!
Chocolate Root Beer Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Root Beer
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs (room temperature)
- Root Beer White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 12 ounces Root Beer (reduced to 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and Flour a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with Butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Flour, Cocoa Powder and Salt. Slowly whisk in the Root Beer and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the Butter and Sugar until fluffy. Add the Vanilla and the Eggs one at a time.
- Add 1/3 Flour mixture, alternating with the Root Beer. Continue until all is combined ending with Root Beer.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Remove the cake and allow to cool for about 45 minutes.
- Top with the Root Beer White Chocolate Frosting.
- Root Beer White Chocolate Frosting:
- Whip together the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy. Using a rubber spatula stir in the White Chocolate making sure it is smooth.
- Stir in the Vanilla, reduced Root Beer and cloves until well blended.