Nothing says YUM like Michael's whipped cream topped chocolate cake!
Chocolate Snowball Cake
- 1 pound Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For the Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray or Butter.
- Combine the Chocolate and Butter in a large non-reactive bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir as the Chocolate melts, thoroughly combining the Chocolate and Butter into a smooth mixture. Remove from heat, and stir in the Espresso Powder, Salt, and Sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add the Eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once all of the Eggs have been added, mix in the Vanilla. Try not to incorporate too much air into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes to an hour. The cake should soufflé slightly, with a cracked top. It should be slightly molten and jiggly in the center. Allow to cool to room temperature, and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of the cake onto a platter or individual plates. Pipe Whipped Cream over the surface of the balls, and serve.
- To make the Whipped Cream: In a large bowl, whisk together the Cream, Sugar, and Vanilla to a medium peak. Transfer to a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.