Elegant and delicious collide in this sweet treat of crispy wafers filled with a decadent chocolate mousse
- step-by-step directions
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds (finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Mousse(to serve)
- In a large sauce pot, stir together the Butter, Sugar and Corn Syrup over a low heat. When the Butter has melted and thoroughly combined, add the Almonds, Cocoa, Flour, Salt and Vanilla and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to a heatproof bowl allow to cool to room temperature. This can be made up to 2 months in advance and stored and refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Form 5 - 1" balls of batter and place on the baking sheet leaving about 3 inches between each. Dampen a spatula or finger with water and flatten the balls into thin 3" discs. Bake for 5-6 minutes. When working in batches, the cook time may decrease slightly if the pan does not cool completely before starting the next batch.
- To shape Tuiles, use an offset spatula to transfer the hot cookies immediately to a small glass bowl or drape over a rolling pin. Gently press to shape then allow the cookies to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- You can fill the shaped Tuiles with a
- Chocolate Mousse
- and serve as a delectable treat.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day French Cuisine
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal