Elegant and delicious collide in this sweet treat of crispy wafers filled with a decadent chocolate mousse
- step-by-step directions
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds (finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Mousse(to serve)
- In a large sauce pot, stir together the Butter, Sugar and Corn Syrup over a low heat. When the Butter has melted and thoroughly combined, add the Almonds, Cocoa, Flour, Salt and Vanilla and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to a heatproof bowl allow to cool to room temperature. This can be made up to 2 months in advance and stored and refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Form 5 - 1" balls of batter and place on the baking sheet leaving about 3 inches between each. Dampen a spatula or finger with water and flatten the balls into thin 3" discs. Bake for 5-6 minutes. When working in batches, the cook time may decrease slightly if the pan does not cool completely before starting the next batch.
- To shape Tuiles, use an offset spatula to transfer the hot cookies immediately to a small glass bowl or drape over a rolling pin. Gently press to shape then allow the cookies to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- You can fill the shaped Tuiles with a
- Chocolate Mousse
- and serve as a delectable treat.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Cookies & Brownies Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day French Cuisine
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami