You will find a pot of gold at the end of this tasty dish.
Braised Corned Beef with Mustardy Cabbage and Potatoes
- 1 ; 3 pound Corned Beef Brisket (previously brined)
- 1 head Green Cabbage (1/2 inch slice)
- 1 Yellow Onion (1/2 inch slice)
- 3 cloves of Garlic (sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Caraway Seeds (toasted)
- 2 12 ounce bottles of Lager
- 2 cups Water
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 3-4 tablespoon Ballpark Mustard
- Freshly grated Horseradish to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place sliced Cabbage, Onions, Garlic in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Place the Brisket fat side up on top of the Vegetables. Add the Caraway Seeds, Salt and Pepper, Lager and enough Water to come half way up the meat, but not enough to cover (about 2 cups). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Place the Cabbage Leaves over the meat, and cover with the lid. Place in oven and cook 3-4 hours.
- Remove from heat and set the meat aside on a cutting board. Add Mustard to the Cabbage and season to taste with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
- Slice the Corned Beef against the grain and grate fresh Horseradish on top. Serve with braised Cabbage and Potatoes.