There's nothing like a gooey cinnamon buns. Whip up a batch of these this weekend!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans (toasted, chopped)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add butter, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- On a floured surface, place 1 sheet of puff pastry. Roll out until 1/4-inch thick. Spread 1/4 of the butter mixture evenly over the puff pastry. Roll the puff pastry into a log, starting with the shorter side of the dough, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cut each log in half to form two rolls. Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread cream cheese frosting over the rolls. Top with toasted pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: In a saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining butter mixture and cream cheese and stir until melted and combine. Drizzle the warm frosting over the cinnamon rolls and serve.
- Tips: 1. Make the cinnamon buns ahead of time and freeze.
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt