There's nothing like a gooey cinnamon buns. Whip up a batch of these this weekend!
- For the Cinnamon Buns:
- 1 package puff pastry (thawed - there are two sheets in a box so it makes 4 buns)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pecans (chopped)
- For the Cinnamon Buns: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add butter, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Remove puff pastry sheet from package but leave folded in thirds. Roll out one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface to twice it's size and about 1/2" thickness.
- Spread 2/3's of the butter mixture on the pastry.
- Roll from bottom to top, lengthwise forming a log. Roll puff pastry into a log. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (After rolled,with the filling it should be cut and placed cut side up, before it is refrigerated.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F, cut each log into two pieces (these will be the rolls. One puff pastry sheet gives you two rolls and a box will give you four rolls) and place them on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the remaining butter mixture and 4 oz cream cheese and stir until combined. (Melt the remaining butter mixture with the cream cheese, whisk to come together.)
Drizzle the warm frosting over cinnamon rolls, top with pecans and serve.