Now you don't have to decide between your favorite two breakfast foods.
Cinnamon Toast Pancakes
- 1 cup Almond Breeze® UnsweetenedVanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs; separated
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter; melted
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray or Butter; for greasing
Spiced Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high.
- Whisk together the Almond Milk® and Egg Yolks, and melted butter. In a large bowl, whisk together the Flours, Spices, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. Stir in the Almond Milk® mixture, making sure not to over mix.
- In a clean bowl, whip the Egg Whites to stiff peaks. Fold into the batter.
- Grease the griddle with non-stick spray or butter. Ladle 3 ounces of batter onto griddle, making sure to leave space for spreading. Allow batter to cook until edges are mostly dry and bubbles have popped on top. Flip and continue to cook for 1 more minute or until golden. Remove to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm while preparing remaining pancakes.
- Serve with warm Spiced Maple Syrup.
- For Spiced Maple Syrup: Heat syrup with spices for a few minutes to infuse flavors.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch