Clinton whips up an impressive yet tasty appetizer!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 dozen Littleneck Clams (scrubbed)
- 3 tablespoons dry Vermouth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon (juiced, plus lemon wedges to serve)
- 2 shallots (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs tarragon (leaves chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeno (minced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add the clams, vermouth, water and lemon and steam until the clams open. When the clams open, remove clams, reserving half of the shells. Chop the clams and set aside.
- In a saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the shallot, tarragon and jalapeno and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to the bowl with the chopped clams and toss to combine. Stuff into the reserved shells.
- Heat another saute pan over medium heat and add butter. Toast the bread crumbs with the parsley and garlic. Once bread crumbs are golden and toasted, top each of the clams with the bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Broil the clams until bread crumbs crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: Add your favorite herbs to this dish!
Similar categories: Clams, Mussels, & Scallops
The Sweet and Spicy Burger
Quick Caprese Salad
Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Fried Salami Provolone-Stuffed Hot Dog
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Hazelnut-Crusted Swordfish Picatta with Charred Romano Beans
Spicy Peanut Grilled Chicken
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings