One of Clinton and his sister Jodi's favorite dishes!
Clinton Kelly's Clams Casino
- 2 pounds Littleneck Clams (washed)
- 6 slices Bacon (minced)
- 2 Shallots (minced)
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 Red Fresno Chile (minced)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Bottle Beer
- 1/2 cup Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (finely chopped)
- Steam the clams in beer, water, and lemon juice. When clams open, remove clams and reserve the shells. Chop the clams and set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, remove from pan, and set aside (finely chop once cooled). In same pan, saute shallots in the bacon fat with thyme and chile. Season with salt and pepper. Once softened, toss with the chopped clams and stuff into the reserved shells.
- Heat another pan with butter. Toast the breadcrumbs with the parsley and garlic. Once breadcrumbs are golden and toasted, top each of the clams with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Broil the clams until breadcrumbs crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.