You can't get much easier than this!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted, plus additional butter to serve)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (to grease)
- maple syrup (warmed, to serve)
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick saute pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and whisk to combine. In a medium bowl add the eggs, vanilla, butter, and milk and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until just combined, being careful not to overmix; there should be a few lumps.
- Brush the griddle with oil and drop 1/3 cup of the batter on the griddle. Allow to cook until golden brown and bubbles begin to form on the surface. Flip and continue to cook until golden on the second side and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with warm maple syrup and butter.
- Tip: Keep pancakes warm on a platter tented with foil or on a baking sheet in a 200ºF oven until ready to serve.
rate this recipe
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese