Coconut Layer Cake
Festive Coconut Dessert
- step-by-step directions
Coconut Layer Cake
- 2 cups Cake Flour (whisked)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Spiced Rum (optional)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (whipped to soft peak)
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 pints Sour Cream
- 6 cups Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ALL ingredients at ROOM temperature. Mix dry ingredients in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle. Mix on low for 30 seconds to combine. Stir in oil and softened butter. Mix until combined.
- Whisk wet ingredients (eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, vanilla and rum) together in a bowl before adding to mixer. Pour wet ingredients in, and mix on medium speed until the ingredients are combined thoroughly, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped heavy cream.
- Divide batter into 3 prepared (sprayed & floured) 9" cake pans, about 1 1/3 cups batter per pan. Bake in center of oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back in center when touched or toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto baking racks. Let cool completely before decorating.
- Frost between each layer of cake and cover the outside in the frosting too. Allow cake to chill in the fridge until ready to serve, up to 4 days.
- For the Frosting: Stir together the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
rate this recipe
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Charred Broccoli Salad
Seaside Crab Dip
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler