Coconut Layer Cake
Festive Coconut Dessert
- step-by-step directions
Coconut Layer Cake
- 2 cups Cake Flour (whisked)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Spiced Rum (optional)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (whipped to soft peak)
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 pints Sour Cream
- 6 cups Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ALL ingredients at ROOM temperature. Mix dry ingredients in bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle. Mix on low for 30 seconds to combine. Stir in oil and softened butter. Mix until combined.
- Whisk wet ingredients (eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, vanilla and rum) together in a bowl before adding to mixer. Pour wet ingredients in, and mix on medium speed until the ingredients are combined thoroughly, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped heavy cream.
- Divide batter into 3 prepared (sprayed & floured) 9" cake pans, about 1 1/3 cups batter per pan. Bake in center of oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back in center when touched or toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto baking racks. Let cool completely before decorating.
- Frost between each layer of cake and cover the outside in the frosting too. Allow cake to chill in the fridge until ready to serve, up to 4 days.
- For the Frosting: Stir together the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin