Cold Fried Chicken
Don't fool yourself, cold fried chicken is just as good (if not better) than hot fried chicken!
- step-by-step directions
Cold Fried Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoons Salt
- 1 small Organic Chicken (cut into 10 pieces)
- Dry Rub
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- To Fry
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (to batter)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch or Rice Flour
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Peanut Oil (to fry)
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Rub Chicken in the marinade and allow to sit in a baking dish or zip top bag for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Cayenne Pepper. Combine the spice mixture and Chicken Pieces in a plastic zip bag and toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat 1-inch of Peanut Oil in a cast iron skillet to 360°F.
- Lightly beat the Eggs and combine with the Buttermilk and Water in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add the Flour, Cornstarch and then season with Salt and Pepper. Dip each piece into the Buttermilk mixture and then coat in Flour. Fry pieces until golden brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain excess oil and then serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Fried Chicken Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch Cuisine Southern
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse