Cookies and Cream Sweetheart
Adorable and delicious?! Talk about a win, win!
- step-by-step directions
Cookie Cheese Ball:
- 1 package chocolate creme-filled cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 (10-ounce) bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons rainbow jimmies
- Granny Smith apples (cored, sliced)
- strawberries (hulled, halved)
- graham crackers
- pretzel sticks
- vanilla wafer cookies
- For the Cookie Cheeseheart: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw a heart about 6-8 inches long. Flip the parchment over and set aside. Line a baking sheet with a baking rack and set aside.
- In the base of a food processor, add the chocolate cookies. Process until it becomes a fine crumb. Remove to a large bowl. Add cream cheese and salt. Mix until combined. Remove to prepared baking sheet, and form into heart shape. Pat down creating a smooth surface. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small sauce pot with about an inch of water to a simmer. Place 2/3 of the bittersweet chocolate into a medium bowl. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1/3 of chocolate and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Once the chocolate heart has set in freezer, remove to the prepared baking sheet. Slowly poor melted chocolate over heart, covering entire surface. Sprinkle jimmies in desired pattern. Let chocolate set for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Transfer the heart to a large serving platter and serve with apples, strawberries, graham crackers, pretzels and vanilla wafer cookies.
- Tip: Add your favorite candies to this dish to really make it your own!
rate this recipe
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Grilled Greens Salad
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese