Cornbread and Blueberry Trifle
This Cornbread and Blueberry Trifle is the perfect summer treat!
- step-by-step directions
For the Blueberry Filling:
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 jar wild blueberry preserves (13 ounces)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
For the Corn Filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt (to taste)
For the Sour Cream Whipped Cream:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the Trifle:
- 2 pounds store-bought sweet cornbread (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- For the Blueberry Filling: In a large bowl, combine the fresh blueberries, wild blueberry preserves and lemon zest and juice. Using a potato masher, break up with fresh blueberries into a chunky consistency. Set aside.
- For the Corn Filling: In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, fresh corn, sugar and salt. Toss to coat evenly and set aside.
- For the Sour Cream Whipped Cream: In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and maple sugar until medium soft peaks form. Fold in the sour cream and chill until ready to use.
- For the Sugared Blueberries: Place a baking rack in a sheet pan and set aside.
- In a shallow dish whisk the egg whites until frothy. In a separate shallow dish, add the sugar. Using a pastry brush, brush the blueberries with the egg whites. Roll the blueberries in the sugar until fully coated. Spoon the blueberries onto the baking rack and let sit at room temperature until dry, about 2 hours.
- To Assemble: In a trifle dish, place a layer of the blueberry filling followed by a layer of the corn filling. Top with a layer of sour cream whipped cream and sprinkle with cornbread cubes. Repeat one additional time. Top with whipped cream and garnish with sugared blueberries and crumbled cornbread. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Switch it up and use a pound cake or angel food cake instead of cornbread!
Similar categories: Desserts
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Autumn Pinata Cake
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip