Who doesn't love a good Crab Rangoon?!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 bunch scallions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 8 ounces lump crab meat (picked through for shell)
- 1 package wonton wrappers (about 40-50 pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 scallions (greens, sliced on a bias)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Into a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, lump crab meat, scalllions, and cilantro. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay one wonton wrapper onto the cutting board, Keep the remaining wrappers under a damp towel. Place 2 teaspoons of filling onto the wrapper. Moisten the edges with a wet fingertip and fold into a triangle shape. Press together to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Preheat a Dutch oven to 375ºF with 3-4 inches of vegetable oil. Carefully add 10 crab rangoons to the oil. Using a mesh spider, flip them every few seconds. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- For the Dipping Sauce: Into a medium bowl, add the vinegar, sriracha, honey, scallions, and cilantro. Whisk to combine. Serve with rangoons.
- Tip: Assemble the rangoons in advance and keep them in the fridge, covered with a damp towel until ready to fry.
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Halibut en Papillotte
Cookies and Cream Sweetheart
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Mardi Gras Baked Alaska