Michael's crispy, crunchy, crab snack is perfect as an appetizer or snack!
- step-by-step directions
- Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 bunch Scallions (finely diced)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 pound Crab Meat (drained and picked)
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 16 ounces Mascarpone
- 24 2- inch Wonton Wrappers
- Cold Water
- Sriracha (to serve)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Garlic, Scallion and Cilantro. Gently mix in the Crab along with the Soy Sauce, Sesame, Salt and Pepper. Fold in the Mascarpone and gently mix until everything is combined. This mix can be made a day ahead of time and kept chilled.
- Preheat Oil over medium heat to 360°F.
- Setup a small bowl of Cold Water. Working with 2 Wonton Wrappers at a time, place one teaspoon of filling on to the center of each Wonton using a spoon, or a piping bag. Dip your finger in the water and moisten all four edges of the Wonton. Bring up 2 opposite flat edges then the other 2 opposite edges, pinching together in the center and sealing all four seams. You will end up with a four pointed star. Continue to make Wontons until you’ve used all of your filling. Once the Wontons are made they should be chilled in the freezer for at least an hour, until they are frozen through. When ready to use, fry for 2 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Drop 4-6 Wontons at a time in to the preheated Oil and fry until golden brown and crunchy. Remove to a paper towel lined tray and lightly season with Salt. Serve immediately with Sriracha.
- Alternate folding method:
- Using the same method of using a damp finger to dampen the edges of the Wonton, spoon a tablespoon of filling into the middle of the Wonton. Fold over into a triangle and press edges to seal. With this method, they may be fried immediately.
rate this recipe
Smoked Cheddar and Creole Mac-n-Cheese
Oyster Po' Boys
Crispy Baked Potato Casserole
North African Chicken and Spinach Stew
Mini Vegan Sweet Potato Pies
Maple Panna Cotta with Roasted Grapes and Pistachios
Black and White Cookies
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad