Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
You can't get much better than this.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts (toasted, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 orange (zested)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 molasses yeast rolls or Hawaiian rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl add the cream cheese, cinnamon, powdered sugar, vanilla, walnuts, golden raisins, orange zest and salt and mix to combine. Remove to a piping bag fitted with a pastry tip.
- For the Buns: Stick the pastry tip into the side of the roll and pipe 2 tablespoons of filling into the center. Repeat with the remaining rolls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and honey and mix to combine. Brush the rolls with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and flaky sea salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the filling is warm and the sesame seeds are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Tip: Make the cream cheese filling in advance and store in the refrigerator. Stuff the buns up to 1 hour in advance and bake just before serving!
Similar categories: Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads Bread & Pastry Appetizers
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions