Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
You can't get much better than this.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts (toasted, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 orange (zested)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 molasses yeast rolls or Hawaiian rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl add the cream cheese, cinnamon, powdered sugar, vanilla, walnuts, golden raisins, orange zest and salt and mix to combine. Remove to a piping bag fitted with a pastry tip.
- For the Buns: Stick the pastry tip into the side of the roll and pipe 2 tablespoons of filling into the center. Repeat with the remaining rolls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and honey and mix to combine. Brush the rolls with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and flaky sea salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the filling is warm and the sesame seeds are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Tip: Make the cream cheese filling in advance and store in the refrigerator. Stuff the buns up to 1 hour in advance and bake just before serving!
Similar categories: Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads Bread & Pastry Appetizers
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls
Puff Pastry Almond Twists
Apple Cider Sangria
Spatchcock Turkey with Stuffing
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup
Spinach and Feta Puffs