Why not amaze your family and friends with Michael's amazing creamed corn!
Creamed Corn in Foil
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound thick cut Bacon; small diced
- 1 medium Onion; small diced (1 cup)
- 1 clove Garlic; minced
- 3-4 ears of Corn; cut off the cob
- 8 ounces Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Lime (Juice & Zest)
- 4 tablespoons crème Fraiche
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add a drizzle of Olive Oil followed by the Bacon. Cook until the Bacon begins to render and crisp, 5-7 minutes, then add the Onion and Garlic with some cracked Black Pepper. Cook until the Bacon is crispy and the Onion and Garlic softens, another 5-6 minutes. Drain and mix with the raw Corn. Add the Lime Juice and Zest and season with a good pinch of Salt and some more Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Lay out three large pieces of aluminum foil, layering over each other. Place the Corn mixture in the center. Begin to bring all four sides up then add the stock. Spoon crème fraiche over the top then seal the foil packet tightly. Place the packet directly on your grill and put the lid down. Cook without opening or moving for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the grill and carefully open the top of the foil to stir the Corn. Reseal packet and close the grill lid, cooking another 25 minutes. Remove from the grill, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.