Nothing says comfort food more than this Louisiana staple
Creole Shrimp & Grits
- 1/4 pound Smoked Bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/2 pound Extra Large Domestic Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- Chives (to garnish)
- Hot Sauce (to garnish)
- 2 cups Stone Ground Yellow Grits
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Aged White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large sauté pan, cook Bacon over low to render fat. Cook until crispy then remove Bacon with a slotted spoon.
- With Bacon Fat in the pan, increase heat to medium-high.
- Sprinkle the Creole Seasoning on both sides of the Shrimp. Add to the hot pan and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until opaque but not tough. Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Add the Garlic and deglaze pan with Chicken Stock. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the Tomato Puree. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Return Shrimp to the pan with sauce and toss to coat.
- Plate Shrimp and sauce over Grits. Garnish with chopped Chives, Bacon and Hot Sauce.
- For Grits:
- Cook grits according to package instructions. Stir in Cheeses and adjust seasoning to taste.