These simple, delicious cookies make for a festive snack when served at your summer cook-out.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave butter and cocoa in a glass bowl on high for 45 seconds. Whisk mixture until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together egg, sugars, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add egg mixture to chocolate mixture, whisking until well blended.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes or until dough is firm enough to handle easily.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop dough and form into 3/4-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Arrange cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Cool cookies 1 minute on baking sheet; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.