Don't get your feathers ruffled, Daphne's Chicken Salad is good and good for you!
Crisp Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Poached Chicken
- 2 Celery Ribs (plus 1/4 cup celery leaves from the lighter interior stalks)
- 1 Tart Apple
- 1 bunch Scallions (chopped)
- Cashews (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Bibb Lettuce Cups (to serve)
- Crisp Breads (to serve)
- Roughly shred the Chicken and chop into 1/4 inch chunks.
- Finely chop the Celery and Apple into similar size pieces and set aside with the Celery Leaves, Scallions, and Cashews.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Season to taste.
- Toss in the Chicken, Celery, Celery Leaves, Apple, Scallions, and Cashews. Toss to coat in the dressing.
- Serve in Lettuce Cups, on crisp breads, or on toast.
- Cover and chill to store for 2-3 days.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Salad Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch Sandwiches