Indulge in Carla and Daphne's ultimate crunch-tastic chicken sandwich!
Crunchy Chicken & Potato Chip Sandwich
- Hot Fried Chicken
- 1 quart Water
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Cutlets
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Potato Buns (to serve)
- 2 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot (about 1-2 carrots)
- 3 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Bread & Butter Pickle (chopped)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (grated)
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 3 Idaho Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Whisk Water, Hot Sauce, Salt and Sugar in a bowl until Salt and Sugar dissolve. Add Chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a large Dutch oven heat Oil to 350°F.
- Remove Chicken from Hot Sauce marinade and pat dry. Arrange on a wire rack in a single layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Flour, Salt, and Pepper. Transfer Flour to a mesh strainer and dust Chicken lightly on both sides. Allow to air dry in the refrigerator for 1 hour, keep the Flour.
- Remove Chicken from the refrigerator, and dust heavily with more Flour and then press to help cake on the Flour for extra crispiness.
- Fry Chicken in preheated Oil until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons Oil in small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add Cayenne, Paprika, Salt, Garlic Powder and Sugar. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl, and drizzle over the Chicken to serve.
- Place a schmear of spread on the bottom Bun and top with Chicken. Finish with Coleslaw and Potato Chips.
- For Slaw: Toss together the ingredients in a large bowl until evenly dressed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- For Chips: Soak sliced Potatoes in ice cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Drain and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Allow to dry before frying.
- Heat Oil to 375°F.
- Working in batches, fry Chips for 2-3 minutes until crispy but not browned. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with Paprika and Garlic Powder.
- Spread: Mix together the ingredients until evenly combined.