Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Lindsay Session's Crunchy Pop
- 2 Bags Microwave Buttered Popcorn (prepared and unpopped kernels removed; kitchen Orville Redenbacher Butter)
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cooked Bacon (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 250º F. Place popcorn in a large roasting pan.
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, salt and syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and sprinkle in the nuts and bacon. Stir to coat completely. Transfer to a a baking sheet, spreading into an even layer. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour onto wax or parchment paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate and allow to cool. Break into pieces and place in fridge if chocolate is still soft. Store in air tight container.
Similar categories: Desserts