A curveball in the food world is a REALLY good thing when you get delicious results like this!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 Hoagie Rolls (split and lightly grilled)
- 4 Italian Sausage Links (halved lengthwise)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- 8 ounces Salami (slices)
- 4 ounces Provolone (slices)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Potato Chips (to garnish)
- Pickle Relish (to serve)
- Mustard (to serve)
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill the Sausage until just cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and once hot, add the Bell Peppers, Scallions, and Yellow Onion. Season with a pinch of Salt and Pepper and cook until softened, tossing occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add a scant tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar to the Peppers to finish for a more acidic or sweeter flavored Pepper.
- Assemble each of the hoagies, with a Split Sausage on Hoagie Roll. Shingle the Salami and Cheese, and then place the Hoagie back on the grill briefly to melt the Cheese. Add the cooked Peppers to each Hoagie. Add Mustard, Relish, or any other desired condiments, and then garnish with Potato Chips.
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley