A curveball in the food world is a REALLY good thing when you get delicious results like this!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 Hoagie Rolls (split and lightly grilled)
- 4 Italian Sausage Links (halved lengthwise)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- 8 ounces Salami (slices)
- 4 ounces Provolone (slices)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Potato Chips (to garnish)
- Pickle Relish (to serve)
- Mustard (to serve)
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill the Sausage until just cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and once hot, add the Bell Peppers, Scallions, and Yellow Onion. Season with a pinch of Salt and Pepper and cook until softened, tossing occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add a scant tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar to the Peppers to finish for a more acidic or sweeter flavored Pepper.
- Assemble each of the hoagies, with a Split Sausage on Hoagie Roll. Shingle the Salami and Cheese, and then place the Hoagie back on the grill briefly to melt the Cheese. Add the cooked Peppers to each Hoagie. Add Mustard, Relish, or any other desired condiments, and then garnish with Potato Chips.
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs