If you have to go, at least let it be by everybody's favorite sweet treat!
Dad’s Death By Chocolate
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Quart heavy cream
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup butter (cubed)
- 1 To Assemble: To Assemble: Cup bittersweet chocolate chips To Assemble:
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup crème fraîche
- chocolate pudding (recipe follows)
- 3 Cups cream-filled chocolate cookie sandwiches
- 4 chocolate-covered English toffee bars (about 1.4 ounces each, chopped)
- For the chocolate pudding: In a medium bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar and whisk to combine. Then, add the cream and salt and whisk to combine. In a separate large bowl, add the cocoa powder and flour and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until there are no lumps. Place the mixture in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, while continuously stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and chocolate until melted. Let cool to room temperature. Transfer mixture to a bowl, place a film of plastic wrap directly on top. Place in the refrigerator to completely cool and until ready to use.
- To assemble: In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the crème fraîche. In a large trifle bowl, place a thick layer of the Chocolate Pudding on the bottom. Top with a layer of the whipped cream mixture, then an even layer of half of the cookies, then an even layer of half of the toffee candy. Repeat the process, finishing with the cookies and candy. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Tip: Both the pudding and whipped cream mixture can be transferred to piping bags to ease the assembly process.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Custards, Puddings, & Mousses Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day