This dense cake is perfectly paired with the citrus glaze
Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
- Pound Cake Batter
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Sticks Butter; softened plus more to grease pan
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of the zest of 1 Orange
- remaining Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Juice of 1 Navel Orange
- 1/2 tablespoon Water; to thin
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and Flour 3 loaf pans or 1 bundt pan.
- Mix together all of the Pound cake ingredients well in a large bowl, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into the greased pan(s) and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, for 10 minutes, and then flip out of the pan onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together all of the ingredients until completely smooth. Drizzle over the whole or sliced pound cake. Enjoy!