These sausages might be hot stuff, but there's no reason to be alarmed.
- step-by-step directions
- Spicy Fruit Relish
- 1 medium Red Chile (seeded & finely diced)
- 1/3 Pineapple (peeled; cored & quartered)
- 1 Mango (peeled & cored)
- 1 small Red Onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pickle Relish
- Hot Dogs
- 4 large Hot Dogs
- 4 slices Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
- 4 seeded Hot Dog Buns
- 8 pickled Jalapeno round slices (drained)
- 1 shot Tequila (for deglazing)
- Ketchup (condiment)
- Mustard (condiment)
- Par-cook Bacon over grill for 1-2 minutes to render some of the fat. Drain and set aside.
- For the Salsa:
- Preheat an oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the Pineapple and Mango slices until grill marked and caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove and let cool, then slice fruit into 1/4-inch dice. Toss in large bowl, with the remaining Salsa ingredients to combine. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare Dogs:
- Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut down the center of the Dog. Cut open the Jalapeno slices and unravel into a long thin strip. Place 2 strips of pickled Jalapeno into the Hot Dog spacing out so it fills the length of the Dog. Wrap each dog tightly with a strip of Bacon and secure with toothpicks at each end to hold in place.
- Preheat a grill (or cast iron skillet) to medium heat. Coat the grill surface with Canola Oil to ensure the Hot Dogs don’t stick; grill until Bacon is cooked through and crisp and Hot Dogs are charred, rotating several times to evenly cook the Bacon – about 8-10 minutes in total. (Optional: deglaze and flambé pan with Tequila!)
- During the last minutes of grilling, split each bun and toast for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove toothpicks and nestle the Hot Dog into the toasted bun. Top with Spicy Relish and serve with Ketchup and Mustard, if desired.
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette